Construction of Epworth Geelong commenced on 28 April 2014 and, just shy of two years later, Brookfield Multiplex is preparing to give Epworth the keys to the building, with handover scheduled for Friday 15 April 2016 and plans on track to open in the first week of July 2016.
The Epworth Geelong team has grown significantly over the last few months, with most of the leadership positions having now been appointed. It is clear to see the formation of an incredible and passionate group of people who share the same goals for the new site – to provide an outstanding healthcare facility of choice for everyone in Greater Geelong and South West Victoria.
Everyone is eager to take over the reins from the builder and get stuck into preparations for opening. A mammoth task lies ahead for everyone involved, but the end result will be spectacular.
At Epworth Geelong you will find:
- 172 private inpatient rooms on opening with capacity to expand to 262
- Emergency department with 20 treatment spaces
- Intensive care unit / complex care unit
- Cath labs / endoscopy / operating theatres
- Introducing inpatient neurosurgical services to the region
- Inpatient and outpatient rehabilitation therapies including hydrotherapy, gym and activities of daily living
- Sleep studies
- Pain management
- Epworth Medical Imaging / Cardiac Diagnostic Services / Epworth Pathology / day oncology / renal dialysis
For more information, go to epworthgeelong.org.au or contact Susie Thomas, Business Development and Marketing Manager, on 0429 534 811