Epworth Medical Imaging now offers an extended seven day service with the opening of its Epworth Richmond site which focuses on providing a superior patient experience.
We will deliver:
- Continuity of care: Pre-booking appointments now for patients who are to be admitted into Epworth Richmond will ensure continuity of care throughout their inpatient and outpatient episodes. We will also be offering solutions to ensure access to previous patient scans. Patients are asked to bring previous scans to the service’s main reception at L2 where film can be digitised immediately and copies made of patient CDs. Patient information will then be uploaded directly to PACS, to be viewed in Inteleviewer.
- Reduced wait time: Patients will access priority, same day appointments.
- Increased access: Patients will access an extended seven-day service that will see the appointment of more radiologists, nurses and specialist imaging staff to streamline patient needs.
- Faster reporting: We are committed to faster reporting and will deliver on urgent reports within 90 minutes and non urgent reports within 24 hours without compromising on accuracy.
- Experienced and highly skilled radiologists: Associate Professor Pramit Phal has been appointed as clinical director of imaging to lead an experienced team of diverse radiologists – including Dr Anthony Felber (general, interventional and breast), Dr Nick Trost (neuroradiology), Dr Mike Holt (neuroradiology, neuro-intervention and MRI), Dr Michelle Thong (breast and MRI) and Dr Greg Compton (paediatric and cardiac).
- Bulk-billing: We guarantee competitive prices with bulk-billing available across all Medicare rebatable scans. With confirmation that Epworth Medical Imaging has secured its required MRI licence, we are happy to say that we will offer bulk-billing for eligible MRI patients.
- Inpatient out of pocket costs: Contracts with all major health funds are being finalised for patient rebates, with no gap agreements secured with major funds BUPA and Australian Unity as well as other funds. These negotiations exclude Medibank Private. This means patients who are with Medibank Private will incur out of pocket expenses for inpatient scans.
- Multi-million dollar facilities: Our newest location will offer multimillion dollar, purpose-built imaging facilities. Services will be located on level 2 in the existing imaging space (nuclear medicine, ultrasound, angiography and x-ray), as well as on level 1 (MRI, BMD, OPG), level 3 (CT) and in the ED.
- Stronger relationships: We are committed to building on existing relationships, as well as forging new relationships with Epworth Richmond specialists, nurses, other clinical and administrative staff in order to meet your imaging needs and expectations.
Referrals and bookings can be made now at Epworth Richmond. Phone 1800 MYXRAY or 1800 699 729.
For more information about Epworth Medical Imaging at Epworth Richmond, phone business development manager Ella Kwame on our dedicated doctor hotline 1800 DRXRAY or 1800 379 729.
Epworth Imaging App
Epworth Medical Imaging has introduced a new app for referrers. The Epworth imaging app is a digital tool for doctors, providing access to patients’ images on the go.
The app also offers Epworth Medical Imaging referring doctors image-sharing features, allowing patients’ images to be emailed or texted to other medical practitioners. While viewing images, referrers can also make notes and highlight areas in images using the app’s ‘draw’ function before saving and sharing.
Epworth Imaging has been developed to enable access to images on the go and as such is designed for reference rather than diagnosis. It is available for android and iPhones from the Apple and Play stores.
For more information or to request support in using the app, contact Epworth Medical Imaging business development manager Ella Kwame on 1800 DRXRAY or via email.