The arthritis rehabilitation program is designed for people who have diagnosed arthritis or other conditions affecting their muscles, bones and joints.
The program includes a combination of exercise and education and is designed to cover a range of topics to help people manage their symptoms, lessening the impact of arthritis on their life.
- Eight week program incorporating both education and exercise components.
- Patients attend twice weekly for two hours at a time.
- Exercise is group based but individually tailored to the capabilities of each person.
- Exercise is a combination of strengthening, aerobic and hydrotherapy (water-based exercise) where appropriate.
- Education topics include information on how to manage your arthritis, pain and medication, diet and weight, pacing and joint protection, coping and relaxation techniques.
Patients who may benefit from this program include those with:
- Rheumatoid arthritis
- Ankylosing spondylitis
- Psoriatic arthritis.
Download the arthritis rehabilitation program information flyer.
FOR REFERRALS AND ENQUIRIES
Phone 1300 46 REHAB
Fax 03 9982 6696