Paediatric services at Epworth Richmond
The paediatric services at Epworth Richmond have expanded. Along with the brand new paediatric emergency department and 19-bed paediatric ward, admitting children from 6 months to adolescents, with 24-hour paediatrician availability, we now have experienced general paediatricians and a paediatric surgeon available for appointments in Epworth Consulting Suites. We offer early outpatient consultations and can facilitate ward admission for unwell children.
Expert paediatric advice now only a phone call away
Epworth Richmond paediatric service has launched a great new service for GPs in time for the holiday season.
GPs attending to a paediatric case who would like advice (for example regarding the need for inpatient or outpatient paediatric review and suggested initial management) can now speak to a paediatrician by simply calling the Epworth Richmond switchboard on 03 9426 6666 and asking to speak to the paediatrician on call. This new service will ensure that GPs attending to children have an extra resource at their fingertips – literally – and is available 24/7. The service is supported by access to early appointments with senior paediatricians.
Paediatric emergency service
Epworth continues to cater for our youngest patients with the new paediatric emergency service at Epworth Richmond now operational.
Children can now receive emergency treatment from paediatric emergency specialists and experienced emergency doctors in a dedicated treatment space within the new emergency department in the Lee Wing.
The new dedicated children’s ward allows us to care for children and adolescents in a dedicated, purpose-designed, and age-appropriate environment.
- The ward has a group of general paediatricians who are on call 24 hours per day, seven days a week
- The paediatricians are available should a child require admission to the paediatric ward, and also for quick-access for out-patient consultations
- Our dedicated and highly qualified paediatric nursing team have experience in a broad range of specialties to cater for the different procedures and treatments carried out at Epworth Richmond
Also part of the comprehensive paediatric service offering is the allergy clinic, investigating and treating all forms of allergic conditions in children.
- The service caters for children aged 12 months to 16 years
- The children’s emergency service features four treatment areas and a plaster area, and has its own dedicated nurses’ station. It treats from simple to severe conditions and has access to the best specialists that Epworth Richmond has to offer
- There is accommodation for one parent to stay overnight in recliner chairs
- The ward is set out with state of the art medical equipment, including monitors that allow remote monitoring of key patient data
- The ward is secure, requiring a swipe pass to access
- It features age-appropriate equipment for the range of ages, as well as play areas and facilities for younger children, dedicated treatment room, and bath
- The ward caters primarily for orthopaedic, plastic, ENT, oral and maxillofacial and general surgery
- Dr Kirsten Walsh
- Dr Shaun Ho
- Dr Andy Hardy
- Dr Liam Tija
- Dr Elizabeth Thomas
- Dr Debbie Kipen (inpatients only)
- Dr Sarah Condron
Epworth Richmond Emergency Department: Tel 03 9506 3000
Paediatric unit reception: Tel 03 9426 6163
General paediatrician or paediatric surgeon on call via Epworth Richmond main reception: Tel 03 9426 6666
Allergy clinic: Tel 03 9426 6888
Outpatient referrals: Epworth sessional consulting suites, Suite 1.2, 173 Lennox Street, Richmond, VIC 3121 Tel 03 9426 8810 Fax 9427 7929